Saturday, July 28, 2012

Holy Month

Haven't been writing anything for awhile now. Been kinda lazy. I have like alot of ideas on what to write, sadly it wasn't put into action. Anyways, time to update this dusty blog.


First of all, Alhamdulillah and thank god to Allah that I've been given another chance to relieve Ramadhan. The holy month. The month of fasting. It's been 8 days now. 8 days of not eating and drinking during the day. 8 days of trying my best to avoid any sinful act and 8 days of trying my best to devote myself to God. To be honest, I'm not really a religious type, but even I find this month to be special and beautiful.


Other than an opportunity to slim down (because I don't eat during the day and I don't eat much for Berbuka too) I love to go for terawih prayer at the surau. For me, I don't pray terawih by myself, I prefer it to be in Jemaah because I find it enjoyable and much peaceful.


In Ramadhan, I also get the opportunity to tighten the bond with a few people, namely my family and batchmates as I will attend my batch's Iftar and my family's Iftar soon. I guess previously, I've never truly appreciate Ramadhan and even till now, I haven't truly appreciate it to the fullest. InsyaAllah, I'll try my best to do so.


Ramadhan, one month of devotion and Syawal, one month of celebration. Islam is fair that way :) 

No comments: